Saturday, July 01, 2006

Welcome!


I am a writer, husband and stay-at-home father of two. It is my sincere hope that this site might serve as an interesting and informative commentary on filmmaking and the art of writing screenplays. I'd also like to use this blog to post the occasional drawing.

I graduated from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington with a Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts. I very nearly double-majored in English, but needed (and wanted) to be out in four years. Following graduation, I moved to Orlando, Florida where I spent the next twelve years with Walt Disney Feature Animation contributing to such classics as THE LION KING, MULAN, and LILO & STITCH. Working in both Production Management and as a Visual Effects Artist allowed me exposure to every facet of the filmmaking process, from conception to post production. While at Disney, I attended numerous seminars, lectures and workshops on writing and storytelling for film, and it was during this time that I wrote my first screenplay.

My second script, a bleak comment on loneliness, was good enough to be made into a short film, and an early draft of my first feature-length screenplay placed in the top fifteen percent at the 2005 Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting.

My interests include reading, writing, drawing, storytelling, picture books and mythology and folklore. I enjoy watching movies and playing board games with my wife and two children. I am fascinated by the period of Norse and Scandinavian History dating from 750-1100.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home