Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Slamdance Results


Well, it's official.

Slamdance has announced their 2006 screenplay competition quarterfinalists and my script was not among them.

Again.

I got pretty decent feedback from a Slamdance reader so I'm not upset or anything. But I am curious about something. I've read testimony from a lot of contest winners who have experienced success at multiple competitions -- sometimes year after year -- and not one of them has ever claimed to have done very well at Slamdance. Maybe the readers over at Slamdance are looking for something uniquely different in a screenplay. More likely, my script just isn't quite there yet.

Oh well. No use crying over bent brads. I wish the 2006 Slamdance quarterfinalists the best of luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home