Friday, March 02, 2007

Happy Birthday to You!

A colossal "Happy Birthday" to Theodor "Dr. Seuss" Geisel, who along with J.R.R Tolkien, ranks right up there as one of my favorite -- and most inspirational -- authors.

Seuss was born on March 2nd, 1904 and practically revolutionized the picture book industry with his whimsical artwork and thematic stories.

I'm not the only one who recognizes this creative genius and tireless advocate of literacy. Ten years ago today, the National Educational Association chose this date to start their "Read Across America" campaign, dubbed "The Nation's Largest Reading Celebration".

I like to think that Dr. Seuss, where ever he may be, is settling back right now to enjoy a slice of his "Official Katroo Happy Birthday Cake!*"



*as detailed in his 1959 classic, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!"

3 Comments:

Blogger pbcbstudios said...

lorax = classic

10:49 AM  
Blogger MisterZoobadoo said...

ROCK ... I celebrated it with Ginger at a local reading. It should be a national holiday.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Oliver Itson said...

Hi Rocky, it's been a long time. I like your blog, it sounds like things are going well for you.
Oh yeah, I've always been a Seuss fan. My son's favorite is There's a Wocket in My Pocket

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home